Join our virtual Bullet-Point Book Group for leaders!
Great leaders know that lifelong learning is key – and yet you’re busier than ever, so your own development is one of the things has likely fallen by the wayside. That’s why we’ve created a simple way to ensure you’re taking time for your own growth – without taking too much time away from your business.
What It Is:
- It’s a group that meets VIRTUALLY (via laptop video) for 90 minutes each month
- We’ll discuss one book over the course of three sessions
- You’re encouraged to read the book, but I’ll provide a “bullet-point” summary of key ideas in case the clock gets away from you
- Our discussion will tie the book to REAL-LIFE challenges and ways to apply the concepts on the job
- You’ll have a chance to connect with other leaders from outside your organization through the monthly discussion
In addition to keeping it “bite-sized” so it’s no a huge time commitment, this format will allow people to test some ideas and report back on them. From a learning perspective, this tends to be a more effective approach than simply plowing through a book and moving on to the next thing – or even attending a two-day seminar and returning to work without a chance to apply the learnings.
Pilot Session Information
The three virtual sessions will be scheduled this fall, based on schedule preferences received from participant applications (see below). Because we’re eager for feedback before launching the full year’s line-up, we’re discounting seats for the pilot program. For $150 (regularly $200), you’ll receive:
- A copy of the book: Kim Scott’s “Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity”
- An intimate community of no more than 12 leaders from other organizations to share ideas with
- Three 90-minute virtual video sessions that don’t require you to leave your desk
- A bulleted summary of key concepts from the book
- Exercises designed to raise your own self-awareness as a leader
- A special opportunity to provide feedback to shape future sessions
Note: The ideal participant for this session is a seasoned leader (or manager-of-managers) because we’ll look at not only our own personal practices, but also ways we can help our team leads become more effective in their roles.
If this sounds fun to you, please complete this form to express your interest! We’ll collect applications through September 15 and will propose a calendar of sessions before confirming your participation. (Note: you won’t be asked for payment until you confirm that the schedule works for you.)